UAS Operator Certification – with equipment
Call 817-633-4800 for details
The UAS Operator Certification course offers complete training on best practices and safe use of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) while flying UAs for obtaining imagery of roofs and buildings. This course includes the purchase an aircraft equipment bundle.
All persons who will be flying UAS for aerial inspections of roofs or buildings, including adjusters, engineers, field underwriters, and public adjusters.
It is recommended that students who attend have at least 4-5 hours of flight time on a UAS flight simulator or have flown UAS for 4-5 hours. Students do not have to hold a remote pilot airman certificate with a small UAS rating to attend class. They can fly under the supervision of the Vale instructors.
Drone Complier software is provided with the training program and assures (via GPS technology) that the operator is not in a restricted zone.
The aircraft equipment bundle purchased with this course includes:
(1) The DJI Phantom 4 PRO Factory package which includes:
- 1x DJI Phantom 4 PRO Aircraft
- 1x DJI 5870mAh High Capacity Battery
- 1x Remote Controller W/ Mobile Device Holder
- 1x 100W Battery charger for both Flight battery and remote controller
- 2 Sets (4 Pairs, 8 pieces) of props
- 1x Gimbal holder
- 1x 16GB Micro SD Card (come installed on the copter)
- Quick Start Manual
- Factory Foam Case
- Factory warranty from DJI. (Warranty length varies for each part)
(2) The Bundle Kit which includes:
- 2x Genuine DJI 5870mAh High Capacity Batteries (Please note, other sellers are including the smaller capacity battery in their bundles) (You get a total of 3 batteries: 1 comes already inside the Phantom and 2 extra batteries)
- 1x Battery Charging Hub for Phantom 4 Batteries (Manages up to 3 batteries charging in sequence, not DJI product)
- 1x Carrying Backpack (Does not include foam, designed to fit the Factory Form Case that comes with the Phantom.)
- 1x 64GB SD Card (Ultra High Speed 1 rating card)
- 1x USB 3.0 SD Card Reader (For video/photo transfer)
- 1x Surmik Drone Care Kit Pro (Includes Air Blower Cleaner, Lens Cloth, Lens Wet Cloth Pack, Cleaning Brush, Empty Spray Bottle etc)
- 1x Remote Controller Neck Strap
- 1x Mobile Device Extension Holder for Large Tablets (You can only fit a tablet up to iPad Air 2 size in the factory holder)
- 1x 10″ USB Cable for iOS devices
1. Review of detailed best practices when flying UAS.
2. FAA safety rules in accordance with the new small UAS rule (part 107).
3. Training using Drone Complier software to ensure that the operator is flying in an authorized area.
4. Flight support training and certification standards.
5. Safety compliance.
6. Technology and data management.
7. Review and training of the proper pre-flight inspection process.
Continuing Education Units:
Not currently available