Please complete this simple form and our expert will be in touch very soon.All fields are mandatory
Learn more about adjusting
The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook is an excellent resource to learn more about adjusting as a career. Below are links to specific sections of the Bureau of Labor Statistics resources. Additionally, we have included an example career path for a property adjuster.
- What Claims Adjusters, Appraisers, Examiners, and Investigators Do
- Work Environment
- How to Become a Claims Adjuster, Appraiser, Examiner, or Investigator
- Job Outlook
- State & Area Data
- Property Loss Adjuster Career Path – EXAMPLE
Discuss with others
There are several industry blogs that offer access to open discussions on adjusting and an opportunity for peer to peer learning. This is a great resource to ask some questions about how you can get where you want to be.
Search for openings
Here are a few resources for job openings including the US government, claims industry and Sedgwick.
Books on adjusting
Here are a few suggested books on adjusting and related insurance topics.
- Adjuster’s Life
- How to Become an Independent Insurance Adjuster
- The Compact Book of Adjusting Property Claims
- Additional books