Using its global scale and nationally-recognized training programs in the US, Cunningham Lindsey assisted by training new loss adjusters.
We were aware of the need for additional loss adjusters to assist in managing claims in the US. We quickly provided a solution by immediately developing courses through Cunningham Lindsey’s subsidiary, Vale Training, which specializes in training adjusters and auto estimators in the insurance industry.
At a time of obvious peak demand and interest, an email campaign was launched and we reached out through a network of family, friends, social media, LinkedIn and existing emails from previous classes to help spread the word about the free courses and opportunity to enter the adjusting industry by joining the firm.
The course provided practical sessions and hands-on training, including the logistics, inspections and technology to process claims. Three classes were offered and filled up instantly. The training was held at the Vale Training facility in Dallas and at the Rollins Learning Center campus in Atlanta.
The training provided a comprehensive, fast track program with pre-work in industry-specific courses, followed by a course comprised of experiential learning, which included classroom,
lab and field. The team leads supporting the instructor also conducted evening sessions to cover practical application of concepts. The Vale and Rollins mock-house labs exposed the learners to actual claims, real material and outside conditions.
The recruitment campaign was closed in less than 48 hours due to strong interest and full capacity. We received hundreds of applications for the classes. Streamlining the applicant process included reviewing:
– Surveys on their experience
– Narratives on why they wanted to be adjusters
– Interest in helping others
– Math skills and common insurance terms
– Their ability to deploy
The students came through the classes as a cross-section of family members:
– Father and son teams
– Friends of some of our industry partners
The common elements were their interest in learning skills for a new career and applying their newly-learned talents in the field. They bonded as a team and established a network we believe will long survive the classes.
Vale Training graduated over 50 new adjusters. They were immediately deployed and on the ground with the loss adjusting teams in Texas and Florida assisting with inspections and handling the claims.
The students indicated this approach is far and above expectations and substantially more than other adjusting programs some of their friends chose during this time. This finding is further validated by a recent Vale alumni survey showcasing a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 84, representing 84% of respondents indicated they would recommend Vale to a friend as a 9 or 10 – a proven model for 75 years.
Below is some feedback from those who attended the most recent training:
- The learning experience that I had at Vale was a tremendous foundation for getting me started in this new endeavor. The instructors, course materials and hands-on learning opportunities were spot on. I highly recommend Vale training courses for anyone interested in this career path.
– Property Adjuster
- Vale Training Solutions’ top-notch instructors and state of the art facility provides a modern learning environment for industry professionals from entry-level to seasoned veterans. The small class environment promotes collaboration and provides the resources necessary to gain skills you need or hone the skills you have.
– Property Adjuster