Commercial Liability & Negotiations
Learn coverage issues relative to the Commercial Liability Policy
Click on a date below to register:
This 5-day course will review relative to the Commercial Liability policy and negotiations. The first three days will review coverage issues relative to the Commercial Liability policy including investigative requirements for confirming coverage, determining liability, and evaluating damages. The final two days of the program will focus on negotiations including the skills necessary to evaluate a file for negotiating, determine the range, evaluate circumstances and other important factors that affect the range, and demonstrate the ability to properly negotiate a claim to conclusion. Students have the option to sign up for the entire 5 day course or either of the individual components.
Level: Intermediate to advanced. For those who want to expand their knowledge of coverage afforded by the CGL. Since the course includes evaluation of court decisions, it is recommended that the attendee be knowledgeable about basic claim processes, terminology, and coverage review.
This course is designed for:
- Insurance Professionals in claims, underwriting, production, etc.
- Adjusters and claims handlers for insurance carriers and independent companies
- Third party administrators
- Self-insured companies
- Others who are responsible for claim review or coverage and contract analysis
Following completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Summarize the Commercial Liability Policy and intentions of coverage
- Describe how the CGL differentiates coverage application under each Coverage part – A., B., and C.
- Analyze how coverage can be altered or limited by the Exclusions, Conditions, and Limits/Valuations/Deductibles
- Differentiate coverage triggers under the Claims-Made and Occurrence forms
- Analyze court decisions regarding coverage language and contractual obligations
Course instructor: Elise M. Farnham, CPCU, ARM, AIM, CPIW
Elise is an insurance and risk management professional with extensive experience. She is an internationally acclaimed speaker and trainer having designed educational topics ranging from underwriting, to risk management, to claims administration, both casualty and property. Her career advancement from multi-line adjuster to senior management positions gives her real-world experience in assisting today’s insurance professionals in meeting the challenges they face. She has developed training and professional development programs for the industry’s largest organizations and provides expert commentary which is published quarterly. Her articles have appeared in industry publications in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. As an energetic instructor, her programs are interactive, especially when examining ethical issues relative to the industry. With a life-long career in insurance, Elise is a dynamic speaker and educator.