Trauma and Crime Scene Technician: TCST
The proper maintenance and cleaning of trauma and crime scenes.
Call 678-856-7143 for dates.
The Trauma and Crime Scene Technician provides specific information for the proper maintenance and cleaning of trauma and crime scenes. Emphasis is placed on health and safety requirements (including the hands on donning and doffing of PPE and creating a hazard assessment of the area), structural remediation (cleaning and demo), contents remediation (cleaning and disposal) and the cleaning and disposal of vehicles and industrial machinery (including lockout/tagout and working with industrial site officers). Cleaning and demo equipment will be discussed along with the laws regarding hazardous waste, transport, storage and disposal. The curriculum is based on the ANSI/IICRC S540 Standard for Trauma and Crime Scene Cleanup.
Course duration: 2-day course: 14 hours, not including lunch and breaks. IICRC test fee is $65 and not included in course cost.
- Principles of Trauma and Crime Scene Remediation
- Administrative Procedures, Documentation, and Risk Management
- Safety and Health Procedures and equipment
- Inspection and Preliminary Determination
- Equipment, Tools, Antimicrobials and Biocides
- Structural Remediation
- Vehicle and Machinery Construction
- Contents Remediation
- Containment and Disposal of Waste or Sharps
- Confirmation of Cleanliness
Audience: Adjusting, home inspection, investigators, restoration and remediation professionals seeking to establish credentials as experts in trauma scene remediation.
Added Benefits of taking an IIRC program with Vale Training
- Registration in Sedgwick on-demand network as IICRC certified technician
- Receive special discounts on insurance pre-licensing, OSHA and continuing education courses
- Qualify for a scholarship to be applied to future Vale Training property program
Register for the course:
Call 678-856-7143 to register. Make sure to mention Vale to receive the special offers.