UAS Operator Certification – bring your own equipment
The UAS Operator Certification course offers complete training on best practices and safe use of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) while flying UAs for obtaining imagery of roofs and buildings.
All persons who will be flying UAS for aerial inspections of roofs or buildings, including adjusters, engineers, field underwriters, and public adjusters.
It is recommended that students who attend have at least 4-5 hours of flight time on a UAS flight simulator or have flown UAS for 4-5 hours. Students do not have to hold a remote pilot airman certificate with a small UAS rating to attend class. They can fly under the supervision of the Vale instructors.
Bring your own UAS equipment. No equipment is supplied with the training.
Drone Complier software is provided with the training program and assures (via GPS technology) that the operator is not in a restricted zone.
1. Review of detailed best practices when flying UAS.
2. FAA safety rules in accordance with the new small UAS rule (part 107).
3. Training using Drone Complier software to ensure that the operator is flying in an authorized area.
4. Flight support training and certification standards.
5. Safety compliance.
6. Technology and data management.
7. Review and training of the proper pre-flight inspection process.
Continuing Education Units:
Not currently available